The award-winning home-improvement series, Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers, is kicking off Season 3 on the W Network in Canada with home renovations in Toronto. Budget Blinds® joins another season in partnership with Jonathan and Drew Scott, providing custom window coverings to help real-life, stressed-out families transition from out-grown homes into new dream homes to accommodate their busy families.
Placing the selling of their existing home and the buying of a new home into the capable hands of Jonathan and Drew Scott is a wise choice–they are masters of their trades!
- Jonathan is a seasoned contractor who handles all the renovations necessary to get the homes ready to sell at top dollar.
- Drew is a real estate professional, expert at selling the now-sale-ready homes as well as discovering new homes that meet most, if not all, of the “wish list” criteria for the new homes.
Let the magic begin
One major challenge in every episode is for Drew to sell the existing home for enough money to afford the new, larger home. Inevitably, the existing house is under market value in its current condition, and that’s where Jonathan works his magic. His renovation philosophy: “Educate the homeowner on how to maximize the appeal of their home and make it look like a million bucks.”
Part of this magic is installing custom-designed window treatments, transforming rooms from numbing neutral to stunning style with fabulous faux wood blinds and stylish drapes. Budget Blinds, along with long-time manufacturing partners, Springs Window Fashions®, Shade-O-Matic® and Rowley® who donate the products, customize style, colour and decorative drapery hardware to make each home attractive to buyers.
Julie and Rob: Lakeside luxury
Julie and Rob need to leave their 10-year lakeside home that now, with two kids, has become way too small. Overly conservative home improvement attempts over the years had created a room-by-room, neutral pallet of uninspired earth tones, making the home unappealing.
Despite budget challenges and surprise repairs, Jonathan lightened up and brightened up the home with new paint, modern colourful accessories and Budget Blinds’ dynamic window coverings to wake up the tired interior with rich blues, luscious creams and tantalizing textures in drapery and rugs.
- The living room and dining room were unified with custom floor-length draperies in Warwick Coastal, a warm, textured cream colour, with brushed nickel rods and ball finials. Ecru 2” faux wood blinds added light and privacy control for the dining room.
- The master bedroom becomes cool and elegant with Unforgettable Blue Bell silk drapes and clear blown glass finials on a brushed nickel rod.
Bob Sandha, franchise owner of Budget Blinds serving Brampton, provided expert measuring and installation services that helped Julie and Rob move on to their new home. See all the before and after images of the home renovation by clicking here.
Lori and Michael: A Fresh Start
Lori, Michael and their two daughters have mountains of clutter choking off any potential sale of their home. Wanting and needing to move, they have to trust Jonathan with the major cleanup and renovation that he recommends. The dark kitchen was a major element in the plan and the focus of Budget Blinds for this home. Jonathan made improvements in each and every room to eliminate the pervasive neutral drab of this overstuffed home. Meanwhile, Drew focused on finding a new home for the family with acceptable location, price and amenities…no small task as opinions clashed!
- The kitchen went from dark to bright with Zophia in Springtime patterned drapes enlivening the space.
- 2” Ecru faux wood blinds provide complete light and privacy control to the entire kitchen area.
- Matte black rods and finials complement the black hardware on the newly painted cabinets.
- The updated breakfast nook now is stylish enough to fit into any bistro!
Mark Bateman, franchise owner of Budget Blinds serving Vaughn, provided measuring and installation services for this incredible kitchen renovation. See how the entire home went from drab to dramatic by clicking here.
Budget Blinds, the “Expert’s Choice”
Budget Blinds is proudly used by many design experts, including the Property Brothers.
- Wood blinds, the ideal complement to any room. Available in a variety of finishes from white to rich wood grains, with smooth or textured finishes, they can match any décor. Faux wood blinds have the beauty of wood blinds with the added durability of composite blinds. They are highly moisture-resistant, making them the perfect choice for areas like kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms, or in any humid climate.
- Real wood shutters made of the highest grade North American hardwoods, available in a variety of paint and stain finishes that preserve the natural allure of the wood grain.
- Distinctive drapery hardware in myriad design choices like wooden rods in fashionable finishes, metals in dozens of colours and styles, and finials that are architectural, natural or inspired by jewelry.
- Soft window treatments, including custom drapes, drapery panels, Roman shades and numerous top treatment styles like swags, valances and cornices.
In your own home, your imagination can run wild designing unique window treatments:
- Add drama with contrasting color-block drapery styles or exhilarating colors and patterns
- Bring nature indoors with woven wood shades in natural fibers and textures for a casual, calming effect
- Create a softening effect by using sheer fabrics in light colors and subtle patterns
- Incorporate valances and custom hardware to add interesting details and style
- Layering drapes over blinds or shades creates an added layer of insulation to improve energy efficiency
- Add motorization to makes drapes, blinds and shades kid friendly and easy to manage with either a handheld or a wall-mounted remote
http://www.budgetblinds.ca to find a Style Consultant near you.Budget Blinds is the world’s largest window coverings franchise in North America, and we’ve been helping people love their homes for over 20 years. Your Budget Blinds Style Consultant can show you dozens of options of fabric, textures, colours and styles for inspiration. Call 866-590-6341 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online at
Watch Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers on the W Network in Canada, and HGTV in the U.S. Check your local TV listings to follow Jonathan and Drew as, each week, they help another family’s dream of home come true.