This Old House, PBS’s home improvement TV show that launched a whole new genre of programming with its first program in 1979, is celebrating its 35th season of renovating homes and Budget Blinds has joined the celebration! For the 35th anniversary, Budget Blinds has been asked to design and install custom, motorized window coverings for an 1850s Greek Revival rowhouse in Boston’s historic Charlestown.
Budget Blinds serving Waltham, Westwood and Dover-Sherborn, Massachusetts, was doubly excited about this opportunity. In addition to the always delightful experience of helping a client fulfill their decorating dreams for their home, she has a life-long love for This Old House: “I have been a This Old House viewer since it started in 1979! My Mom worked at Lexington Gardens where they built the Victory Garden. I [have] met Tom Silva and learned we share the same home town. This is very exciting for us.”Style Consultant, Janet Rose of
Making Dreams a Reality
Homeowner, Angela, dreams of a bathroom on every floor, cozy guest quarters for family visits and a master bedroom suite that “feels like I’ve checked into a luxury hotel.” Her passion for comfort in every room is evident in the delicious colors she chose for her Budget Blinds shades: Divinity White Chocolate and Delight Toffee.
Working with Janet, Angela chose a combination of cellular shades and motorized woven wood shades to accomplish her desired result of beauty, luxury and function.
- Three Divinity White Chocolate cellular shades were installed in the master bedroom (motorized), master closet and guest bath (cordless lift) giving complete light and privacy control. These elegant cellular shades also provide energy-efficient insulation, saving on utility bills while keeping Angela’s home at her own personal comfort level.
- Five Delight Toffee woven wood shades were installed in the kitchen and sitting room, adding beauty and function. The smaller kitchen window shades have cord control, and the larger windows have solar-powered motorized shades to give effortless, touch-of-a-button control for all five shades from one remote. Motorization provides the added benefit of no tempting, dangling cords making motorized window coverings child safe and pet friendly.
eco-friendly and add natural beauty and texture to any room, and can be custom-made to fit around awkward air conditioning units, heat registers and window cranks. Energy-efficient cellular shades are very versatile, available in three cell sizes and four light control options, and they pair up beautifully with valances and drapes.Woven wood shades are
Special thanks to Budget Blind’s long-time, trusted manufacturing partner, Springs Window Fashions, for providing the fashionable window coverings used in Angela’s home.
Budget Blinds: America’s #1 Window Coverings Franchise
This is not our first venture with PBS’s This Old House. Budget Blinds was involved with two renovations in 2006 and 2007, Austin (Episode 2626) and East Boston (Episode 2618), providing window shutters and Roman shades. For over 20 years, our reputation has been built on quality products and expertise in design, making Budget Blinds the “Brand Worth Watching” with:
- Convenient at-home service
- Free design consultations
- Knowledgeable Style Consultants
- Expert measuring
- Professional installation
- Quality, name-brand window treatments
If you’re thinking of redoing your window treatments to spruce up for the holidays, adding motorized window coverings, or you just want a fresh, new look in your home, call your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant today to schedule a free in-home consultation. We’ll work with you on colors, styles and textures to design the windows of your dreams!
Check your local listings for This Old House on October 2, 2014 to see this anniversary episode and our beautiful window treatments.