It seems that people either love or hate the idea of giving a gift certificate. Of course, the strongest argument for gift cards is that the recipient can get exactly what they want–right size, right color–as this online commenter graciously points out: “I especially love getting gift certificates from family and friends, because it means they got me something I know I’ll love when I get to pick it out!” (Added emphasis)
Another vindication for gift certificates is there’s no need for an eventual exchange. In-store and online retailers both report painfully high return rates of around 33%, with women more likely to return items than men. Try as we might to find just the right gift, it appears we all miss the mark about a third of the time. That’s one out of every three gifts! Here are some of the reasons why 33% of gifts are exchanged, re-gifted or donated to charity:
- Wrong size, style or color
- It’s something you like; not what the recipient likes
- It’s useless, or a failed attempt at humor (save the gag gifts for a White Elephant exchange)
- Inspiration gone wrong–self-help books or financial management programs could be insulting
- Some people just can’t be pleased, no matter what!
When you give a gift certificate, be sure it’s to a store or for a service (like a pedicure, massage or car detail) that you know the person will enjoy. The “thoughtful / not thoughtful” argument about gift cards becomes irrelevant when the card is for something that you absolutely, positively know that the recipient will love.
Budget Blinds gift certificates fit any size or shape window
Did you even know that Budget Blinds® has gift certificates? Yes, you can buy gift certificates from your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant. If you’ve never considered Budget Blinds as a gift option, here are some ideas for how a Budget Blinds gift certificate could become the perfect gift.
- A gift certificate and an Inspired Drapes Lookbook could help a window-challenged friend to take the plunge into decorating
- A set of ready-made drapery panels (available in over 25 designer fabrics and three style and length options) could define a living room, bedroom or dorm room
- Add a custom valance or swag to existing blinds or shades for elegance and style
- Upgrade drapery with new decorative hardware for a fresh look
- Add a Roman shade or roller shade to a window with only curtains for more privacy
- Custom pillows, bedding and rugs are accessories to enhance a home’s décor
You don’t have to give an entire window treatment to make the gift extraordinary. Whatever the amount, it can help your friend or family member to realize their dreams of beautiful window coverings.
Get your gift certificate today!
Every Budget Blinds location serves a specific area around them, so, for a distant friend, Zip code search the local Budget Blinds where they live and arrange a gift certificate through their nearest Budget Blinds location. Talk to their local Budget Blinds Style Consultant for all details and to purchase their gift certificate. The stylized gift packet includes a mini-brochure of design ideas along with the gift card in a custom envelope. It is pretty enough to give by itself, or ideal for adding to a gift basket.
Budget Blinds—the gift you give yourself
Maybe you’re the one who needs some encouragement to get your window coverings up to date and fully functional. Are your windows doing all they can to enhance your day-to-day living, or are you still battling with sun glare, lack of privacy, and sadly under-dressed windows? Budget Blinds offers a full range of window treatments, including blinds, shutters, shades, drapery, window film, and more, to make your home comfortable and efficient, regardless of how many windows you have or their architectural attributes (odd-shaped and hard-to-reach windows).
- Window blinds can be customized to complement any color scheme or décor, giving light and privacy control. Real wood, faux wood and composite, you’ll find blinds for every need, in a wide range of colors and natural wood tones.
- Shutters provide a classic look that is also completely modern. Available in myriad colors and finishes, you’ll be amazed at the versatility of design.
- Shades are the most versatile window treatment of all, available in woven wood, bamboo and fabrics from the sheerest sheer to opulent, embroidered silks and velvets. Roman shades, roller shades, pleated shades and solar shades…endless design possibilities
- Drapery styles range from trendy to modern to traditional, and can beautifully dress a window in a singular drape and pattern or combine with blinds and shades for layered elegance. Top treatments like valances and decorative hardware add extra charm to your windows.
A call to your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant will bring samples and design ideas right into your home. Our in-home consultations allow you to experiment with styles and colors, and our professional measuring and expert installation ensure that all your window coverings will fit. Call 866-879-9730 today to schedule a FREE, in-home consultation or go online to www.budgetblinds.com to find the Style Consultant nearest you. Flip through the pages of the Inspired Drapes Lookbook to see the latest in trending window treatments and soft fashions design, or order free swatches from our Signature Series® collection to begin planning your new windows.