Arched windows can be a beautiful design element in any room but there are many different ways to cover them and often homeowners find themselves wondering what will work best for their situation. Budget Blinds has devised this short guide to help you select the best arched window coverings based on the interior design elements in your home.
Even without window treatments, arched windows command attention in a room. Adding traditional blinds or shutters will make them shine even more by providing traditional beauty with a sense of architectural sophistication.
- To add a decorative flair to a traditional home with arched windows, try using real wood shutters or blinds. They are custom-made to fit any sized arch window.
- A form-fitting half circle of customized blinds or shutters will also work. They are the perfect window coverings to match your home’s traditional style and will offer you complete control over the natural lighting in the room.
- Arched drapery panels with tie-backs can be customized to complement your home’s interior décor and are the perfect addition to any traditional styled arched windows.
Arched windows can help lift an otherwise bland room. Their beauty makes them natural focal points as they evoke a sense of elegance and sophistication. If your home’s décor is all about luxury, take it to the next level by covering your arched windows with decadent window treatments that make a dramatic statement and set the mood for a marvelously beautiful room.
- Use Austrian/balloon shades to cover the rectangular portions of arched windows. The dramatic folds and soft curves of balloon shades make these arched window coverings the perfect addition to any room.
- Use swaged turban draperies to cover arches. A turban valance is a more appropriate style for luxurious décors that incorporates two overlapping swags.
- Thickly layered fabrics with trims and tassels that are reminiscent of the iconic and bold 1920’s flapper attire can add stylish luxury to your arched windows.
Regardless of their placement in the home, arched windows can be a distinguishing element in a room. They can be small charms in an entry way or soaring focal points in a dining room. A contemporary mood dictates a certain simplicity and minimalism while still being attractive to the eye. Since design details tend to be clean yet impactful, it is a great place to use richly textured fabrics in striking colors.
- Use window shades for the rectangular portion of the arched window. Whether you use a cellular shade, pleated shade or roller shade, the clean lines will add to the contemporary chic of your room’s design.
- Consider an arched cornice with drapery panels. The combination of these two window covering styles adds a sense of simplistic sophistication that stands the test of time.
- Place drapery panels on a customized rod. Comfortable, relaxed, and providing a contrast with the curve of the arch, the straight lines of contemporary drapery panels and a customized rod can serve as the ideal arched window coverings.