While nothing can replace the watchful eye of a loving parent or dedicated caregiver, Budget Blinds offers these safety tips to enhance safety around window areas:
- Budget Blinds recommends installing only cordless window coverings in homes where children are present.
- Shutters are inherently cordless and timeless. These will grow with your child and remain in style from infant to young adult
- Motorized Roller Shades eliminate the operating cord and replace it with a remote control! This offers added convenience for parents.
- Cordless Cellular Shades have no accessible cords. The shades are lowered and raised with the touch of a finger. These shades are also excellent insulators so rooms will stay cozy in the winter and cool in the summer. Plus, room darkening features can be added to encourage midday naps for infants and toddlers.
- Place furniture away from window areas. This includes: cribs, changing tables, toy chests, toddler beds, chairs, etc.
- Restricts access to window treatments and, if present, dangling cords.
- Prevents children from falling through the window should they dismount from the wrong side.
- Reduces the risk of injury from broken glass should the window pane fail in the event of an earthquake, wind-driven debris or an errant line drive from the neighborhood baseball game.
- If you can’t replace your window coverings, please make sure that all the safety mechanisms are operating properly.
Window coverings manufactured after 2001 feature all the current safety mechanisms; however, only cordless window treatments are recommended homes where children are present.