Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers continues to be one of the highest rated home improvement shows on television. Every week, Jonathan and Drew Scott charm homeowners and viewers alike as they lead the way through home renovation challenges, all the while avoiding many of the pitfalls that are inherent with buying and selling real estate.
Sometimes they butt heads with reluctant homeowners who don’t want to invest money to make their homes “sale ready” in order to command top dollar. But as pillows are plumped and kitchens are staged with bowls of fresh fruit, Drew explains why they take such pains to make every room special with added touches of art, texture and colour. “This is exactly what we want. In every direction a buyer looks they’re going to see fresh; they’re going to see new, beautiful design and nothing compliments a beautiful design better then a great home energy quote. I hear energy comparison is a popular way in which people acquire the best value quotes and is worth looking into.. However, some find that renovating their home could help improve the value of their homes, so they look for somewhere similar to majestic designs ltd to help with replacing or extending their homes. ”
Including, of course, Budget Blinds’® window coverings.
Budget Blinds for all your windows
This is Budget Blinds’ third season of partnering with the Property Brothers, making homes sumptuous with stylish, trendy window treatments that enhance each and every renovation, helping to move families on to their new homes. As the largest window coverings franchise in the U.S. and Canada, Budget Blinds continues to be the experts’ choice in home renovation by offering a huge selection of styles and colours in blinds, shutters, shades, drapery and more. Alternatively, you may want to have a look at the Channel X blind system if you would like more choice and so you can ensure that you have seen every blind that is available to you before making your final decision.
Using highest quality products from our manufacturing partners–Springs Window Fashions® for custom drapes, Shade-O-Matic® for blinds, and Rowley® for ready-made drapery panels and decorative drapery hardware–our blinds, shades and drapery fashions transform boring windows to beautiful, and help convert tired rooms to tantalizing. Never underestimate the power of a properly dressed window!
Joe, Selena and Melisa: Modern Makeover
Single parenting is hard and single parenting two teenagers with a long commute to the suburbs has finally become too much for Joe. It’s time for this Fire Chief and his daughters to pack up and move back to the city for a downtown condo with all the perks! Mired in outdated tan and beige tones on walls and in furnishings, most of the house needs modernizing, and the girls’ bright pink and purple bedrooms need to “tone down the teen vibe” to attract serious buyers. While Jonathan assembles paints, tiles and tools, Drew goes on the hunt for the perfect downtown home.
Budget Blinds installed 2” faux wood blinds in Ecru throughout the dining room and in the master bedroom for style and functionality. Additional window treatments further enhanced the areas.
- Dining room: Exercise equipment was replaced with a dining table and ultra-modern clear acrylic chairs. Fresh painted walls, a patterned rug and Woven Textures drapery panels were added for visual interest and a slightly raised feel to help create the perfect dining area. The oil rubbed bronze drapery rods with end caps complement the trendy new bronze and glass chandelier. Faux wood blinds in the neutral colour of Ecru replaced the white traditional shutters to give the room a fresh, modern look.
- Kitchen: A new breakfast nook is dynamic with the silken shimmer of Essential Silks drapery panels in Spa Blue on an oil rubbed bronze drapery rod at the patio door, beautifully framing the view of the backyard and providing privacy when closed.
- Master bedroom: Faux wood blinds in the neutral colour of Ecru replaced formal-looking wood shutters to give the room a more open and airy appeal.
Mark Bateman franchise owner of Budget Blinds serving Vaughan, provided the expert measuring and installation for this renovation, helping to make it a buyers’ dream home. To see more images of this modern makeover, click here.
Simone and Madan: Desirable Dwelling
Simone and Madan are not faced with empty-nest syndrome despite the fact that they have three grown daughters. All happy still living at home, this family needs more room to accommodate five adults. Before they can move on, Jonathan needs to update their much-loved, but outgrown home so some new family will fall in love at first sight! Drew has to find a middle ground of compromise between the competing wish lists of Simone and Madan for a new, larger home to meet everyone’s needs.
- Kitchen: Essential Silks floor-length draperies in Spa Blue were hung at the patio door to complement the family room. The Satin Nickel metal curtain rod with plain end caps adds a modern touch and mirrors the metal of the stainless steel appliances.
- Family room: This room lost its outdated acoustic ceiling and was painted white and pale blue to make it appear larger and brighter. 2” faux wood blinds provide complete light and privacy control, and were layered with Essential Silks drapery panels in Spa Blue to continue the shimmery metallic colour scheme of the kitchen, which is visible through the wall opening. Identical Satin Nickel drapery hardware completes a coordinated look.
- Living room: A mirrored wall was stripped and painted, and soft shades of gray and white, including a geometric patterned rug and striped accent wall turned the living room très chic! 2” faux wood blinds in the neutral colour of Ecru layered with Essential Silks drapery panels in Sterling Gray created the perfect backdrop for modern furniture and metal and glass occasional tables.
Raj & Vincenza Purnwasi, franchise owners of Budget Blinds Serving Markham, made sure that every window treatment was perfect with precise measuring and expert, professional installation. Click here to see all the before-and-after shots of Simone and Madan’s home.
Modernize your windows
If you put your home on the market today, would your current window treatments entice prospective buyers? Don’t wait until you’re ready to sell, you should be enjoying new window coverings now. And modernizing your window treatments is easier than you think.
- Layering drapery panels over existing blinds, shades or shutters can give a whole new look.
- Colourful Roman Shades or Cellular Shades can brighten up any room’s décor.
- New decorative drapery hardware will freshen up any window treatment.
- Introduce patterns like stripes or plaids with soft treatments like drapery panels, valances and printed shades.
- Blinds and shutters available in wood, faux wood, composite wood and aluminum come in a rainbow of colours.
Call 866-879-9730 (U.S.) or 866-973-7570 (CAN) today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online at http://www.budgetblinds.ca to find a Style Consultant near you. You’ll be able to shop where your windows are and have a professional Style Consultant help design the perfect window treatments for every room in your home. Be sure to ask about special offers available from your local Budget Blinds.
Check your local TV listings and watch Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers every week on the W Network in Canada, and on HGTV in the U.S.