Following the Property Brothers, Jonathan and Drew Scott, into a new home each week on Buying and Selling can be an eye-opening experience. How many times have you exclaimed, “Look at that mess!” or laughed at the antiquated decorating? It is very true that the Property Brothers stumble upon some “interesting” uses for space, like an entire home surrendered to a profusion of toys, a living room of wall-to-wall over-sized furniture, or rooms devoid of any colour or personality whatsoever. You’ve got to ask, “What were they thinking?”
Part of the fun is watching how politely they inform the homeowner of the drastic need for renovation.
- Jonathan to homeowner regarding a “home office” on the dining room table: “Please tell me this is not your work station.”
- Jonathan to homeowner while surveying a bright yellow, cracked tiles bathroom: “This bathroom is the reason this house has not sold.”
Serving as renovator, selling agent and buying agent, Jonathan and Drew generally have their hands full getting each family finally settled into their new dream home. The Property Brothers always live up to their promise, “I’ll get your home ready to sell (Jonathan) so I can help you find the perfect home (Drew).” Finding a way to sell your home can be difficult, real estate agencies like Door could help to make your transition easier for you and your family.
Budget Blinds to the rescue
As the largest window coverings franchise in North America, Budget Blinds® is more than equal to the task of updating tired rooms with new and exciting custom window treatments. Working with long-time manufacturing partners, Springs Window Fashions®, Shade-O-Matic® and Rowley® who donate the products used in the Buying and Selling episodes, Budget Blinds brings about a fabulous result every time with our wide selection of blinds, shades, shutters, drapes and stylish drapery hardware. Alternatively, if you would like to shop for more ideas then why don’t you take a look at Sheers & Shadings denver co for further inspiration.
A large part of the success rests squarely on the shoulders of our franchise owners who faithfully do the professional measuring and installation services for the window coverings in each home. It’s not unusual for franchisee to help franchisee in the event of illness or broken ankles; the Budget Blinds’ commitment is to getting the job done right and on time.
Ela and Noam: finding a forever home
When parenthood entered the picture, Ela and Noam determined their “party house” style needed to be a thing of the past. With a new baby girl, the search was on for a forever family home. Drew had to do some creative compromising with Ela and her wish list to finally find a home that would meet their needs and stay within budget. Jonathan tackled turning a bedroom-turned-walk-in-closet back into a functional bedroom, as well as modernizing the whole home with contemporary colours and styles to attract serious buyers.
- Pinch pleat, custom Signature Series® floor-length drapes in Bavaria, a rich cream colour, graced the arched dining room window on brushed nickel rods and rings with ball finals for an elegant, easy-to-operate window covering.
- Budget Blinds revived the living room windows with Shadow Magic® window treatments for light and privacy control, layered with Signature Series® pinch pleat, floor-length drapes in an elegant Silver fabric. Replicating the brushed nickel rod, rings and finials of the dining room helped maintain design consistency.
Karen Taso-Pemberton, franchise owner of Budget Blinds serving Southeast Toronto, did the expert measuring and recommended using horizontal shades on the windows vs. typical blinds due to the home’s unique tilting windows which would prevent regular blinds from stacking properly. This could be the ideal recommendation even if you have fiberglass replacement windows. The installation was done by professional installer, Jaime Bernal, coming to Karen’s aid when she broke her ankle (truly!). Click here to see the complete home makeover.
Vanessa and Daniel: a new family home
With parenthood two months away, Vanessa and Daniel are anxious to leave their little starter home behind and move into a larger home to raise their family and entertain family and friends in grand style. Jonathan must bring some life and sparkle into the lackluster interiors and relies on Vanessa’s artistic flair to help ramp up the appeal for potential buyers. While Jonathan labors over the kitchen renovation, Drew is scouring the neighborhood (they want to stay local) to find a budget-friendly home that has enough space for Daniel’s Man Cave and the right artistic vibe for Vanessa.
- The kitchen and dining room were coordinated with Embroidered Moroccan Star drapery in Gray from the Inspired Drapes® drapery panel collection sold exclusively through Budget Blinds. Contrasting matte black drapery rods with plain end cap finials provided a dramatic, sleek look.
- The sliding door in the kitchen leading to the back yard retained its white shutters, and 2” slat faux wood blinds in Ecru were installed in the dining room, making the window treatments totally complementary.
- The living room gained a touch of richness with Inspired Drapes Essential Silks panels in Taupe on the same style of decorative drapery hardware used in the kitchen and dining room.
The result was a cool neutrals palette throughout, with contrasting colors in drapery hardware and modern furniture elements. You can see the full renovation in pictures by clicking here.
Another example of outstanding Canadian teamwork, the measuring was done by franchise owner, Mark Bateman of Budget Blinds serving Vaughan, and Daryl Stokes of Budget Blinds serving Southwest Toronto helped out with expert installation.
If your home could use a facelift, or you just want new, updated window fashions, your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant can show you what’s new, hot and trending in fabrics, textures, colours and styles for your windows. Call 866-879-9730 (U.S.) or 866-973-7570 (CAN) today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online at http://www.budgetblinds.ca to find a Style Consultant near you. While you’re there, check out the Budget Blinds Design Guide for inspiration.
Watch Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers on the W Network in Canada, and HGTV in the U.S. Check your local TV listings so you won’t miss a single episode.