We get asked this question a lot! A plantation shutter is a shutter with louvers wider than 1.25″ or 3.2 cm. Most of the shutters sold by Budget Blinds franchisees exceed this louver width, so technically, we sell a lot of plantation shutters. If you have a view that you really enjoy, opt for the widest louver available. Wider louvers preserve more of the view.
Did you know?
- Shutters can be motorized for your convenience and enhanced security.
- Shutters are available in a variety of colors and styles to enhance your decor.
- Shutters can be applied to virtually any window covering setting — doors, specialty windows, and more.
- Shutters can be used creatively as well — room dividers, doors, and more.
- Shutters are inherently cordless, which makes them a good choice for families with small children.
- Shutters are available in different louver widths — 1 ¼”, 1 7/8”, 2 ½”, 3 ½”, 4 ½”
Learn more about shutters by visiting our website or ask your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant to show you the options.