The old saying, “You can’t go home again,” certainly isn’t true. One of the many reasons families need to move on to larger homes is because someone DID go home again.
- Grown kids returning home after time out in the world
- Older parents moving in with their kids
- Families deciding on multi-generational co-habitation for financial reasons
You name it; the Property Brothers have seen it! On Buying & Selling with the Property Brothers, Jonathan and Drew Scott have handled renovations and real estate transactions for hundreds of families needing to make a move. Sometimes to a larger home, sometimes downsizing; but always with a wish list in hand and a dream for that ideal new home.
Critical elements of modern design
If you follow the Property Brothers, you know that modernizing the home is critical to a quick sale, and certain elements will usually be a part of the renovation.
- Colour – homes are dated just by the colours on the walls
- Flooring – updated floors are a big selling point
- Kitchen backsplash – modern styling wakes up the whole kitchen
- Bathroom – often a major overhaul
- Window coverings – the right window coverings polish up a room
Budget Blinds® provides that polish, that perfect finishing touch. For three seasons, Buying & Selling has relied on Budget Blinds for high-quality blinds, drapes and decorative drapery hardware from our trusted manufacturing partners, Springs Window Fashions®, Shade-O-Matic®, and Rowley®, to get each home ready to sell for top dollar to today’s discriminating buyer.
As the largest window coverings franchise in the U.S. and Canada, Budget Blinds has a huge selection of trending styles and colours in custom blinds, shutters, shades, drapery and more for these amazing transformations. Chad Hallock, CEO of Budget Blinds, knows the value of beautiful windows: “[It’s] a great experience working with Buying and Selling. We hope the episodes help enlighten viewers on the wonders the right window coverings can do for a home.”
Jonie and Taisha: Party of Five
Jonie, a single mom with two daughters still living at home, welcomed back home daughter #1 with granddaughter #1. After five years of five in the house, they’ve maxed out the living space and it’s time to look for a larger home for this active, three-generational family. Jonathan immediately got to work banishing boring throughout, and transformed the kitchen into a gourmet’s dream to captivate buyers. Drew found himself facing five tenacious females, each with definite ideas. He had to be top of his game to find their new, next home and, of course, everyone came out smiling!
- The living room was transformed with mirrored and mixed metal textures for a sophisticated style, set off by Budget Blinds’ Essential Silks, floor-length drapery panels in sparkling Sterling Gray on contrasting Matte Black curtain rods. 2” faux wood blinds in the colour of Ecru provide complete light and privacy control.
- The dining room received matching window treatments. Keeping with the modern and metallic vibe, new table and chairs, geometric patterned rug and a colourful, over-sized art print were added to tie the dining space to the living room, creating an artfully dramatic great room.
- The kitchen was lightened up with soft grays and white, new stainless steel appliances and a stylish, informal eating area. 2” faux wood blinds in Ecru on a 2-on-1 headrail allow for complete functionality at the patio door, whether open or closed, and Sage coloured Woven Textures drapery panels frame the door and anchor the room.
Francis and Juanita: Like New
After five years, Francis, Juanita and their two growing children are feeling the squeeze of their small home. Not only do they each need more living space, they plan to have extended family join them so a quick move to a larger house is mandatory. Jonathan plans to clear the decks of clutter and the overall neutral beige and transform the home to “brand-new” status to enchant buyers and net a quick sale. Drew is challenged with limited budget/high demands as he searches for the perfect new home for this expanding family group.
- The master bedroom was quite dull and grey due to lack of light so the colors got brightened and replacement windows Oklahoma City got installed to allow more light and warmth into the room.
- The bedroom became an oasis of light and elegance with Woven Textures floor-length drapery panels in Sea Foam green on Satin Finish curtain rods framing and softening the large windows. 2” faux wood blinds provide complete functionality for privacy and light control. Accent pieces add texture and splashes of colour while the new flooring, pale gray walls and modern lighting complete the “brand new” vibe.
- The kitchen became a high contrast zone with light walls and painted dark cabinets with white countertops. Woven Textures Sea Foam green drapes at the patio door add subtle colour and texture to the ultra-modern look.
- The living room transformed from over-sized black leather furniture to a chic glow with chrome and glass tables and display cases in a tranquil gray and white setting with tufted sofa and casual chairs. Woven Textures Sea Foam green drapes mirror the identical drapery panels in the kitchen area, keeping a consistent colour scheme in the comfortable, open concept space.
Daryl and Jacqueline Stokes of Budget Blinds serving North Mississauga professionally measured for and installed the Inspired Drapes ready-made drapery panels and the Signature Series® faux wood blinds in the home. See the entire home renovation, including the kids’ bedroom, by clicking here.
If your home could use a little polish and sophistication, your Budget Blinds Style Consultant can help. Call 866-879-9730 (U.S.) or 866-973-7570 (CAN) today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online at http://www.budgetblinds.ca to find a Style Consultant near you. From the first phone call to precise measurement and installation, Budget Blinds prides itself on being able to provide the perfect window covering solution. Ask about Somfy® motorization, for the ultimate in comfort, efficiency and safety for all your window treatments.