Window film has come a long way from the days of sticking an adhesive sheet to your home or car window to block the sun, and then watching the bubbles form and the edges curl. Today’s window films are high-tech and designed to last, providing exceptional heat control, UV protection and containment in the event of broken or shattered windows.
In a commercial setting, window film can be an effective and economical solution to excessive solar heating, especially if your building has lots of windows to cover. Heat buildup drives up energy costs and sunlight can take a serious toll on furnishings like carpets, furniture and artwork due to ultraviolet radiation causing fading and deterioration. Window film can improve energy efficiency by normalizing temperatures (reducing heat gain and loss), reducing glare and protecting against UV damage. Window film is effective when used alone, or for even greater energy efficiency and climate control, in combination with blinds, shades, shutters or drapes.
Budget Blinds®, through BB Commercial Solutions® (BBCS) offers window film for business in commercial and security grades, with clear, tinted and decorative styles to meet any needs for privacy, sun blockage, UV protection, and added security against theft and breakage. With a variety of applications, finishes and coatings for all types of glass, window film is installed directly onto your window’s surface, eliminating hot spots and reducing glare.
Clear and Tinted Window Film
When you want a clear, unobstructed view for one or 100 windows, window film is the answer.
- Clear or tinted window film gives protection from glare and 99.9% of harmful UV rays
- Personalizes your space with numerous tinting color choices and opacities
- Unifies the interior and exterior aesthetic of the building
- Reduces glare on computer screens, improving work performance
- Significantly cuts energy costs by reflecting solar heat and keeping the inside cooler
- A dark tint can ensure privacy and help protect against theft by blocking an inside view
- Adds additional strength to the window to prevent breakage
Decorative Window Film
Decorative window film offers the same glare and heat reflective properties and UV protection of window tinting, but decorative window film adds some artistic flair.
- You can have any pattern from a frosted or etched glass look to a custom designed image
- Decorative film can host a graphic to promote your business, replacing expensive signage
- Enhance your surroundings with the look of expensive cut glass at a fraction of the cost
- Decorative window film can be translucent, solid, or transparent in a variety of frosts, opacities, patterns, and colors
- Decorative film lets the light in while providing degrees of privacy depending on functional and practical needs
- Perfect for conference rooms, lobbies, retail environments, offices, partitions, verandas; anywhere you want distinctive privacy
Security Window Film
Security window film (clear or tinted) is designed with added strength to make glass shatter-resistant by holding the pieces together when broken. Long popular for residential and automobile security, it’s also widely used in retail stores and office buildings for its energy efficient and protective qualities. In areas where violent storms or hurricanes occur, security window film provides an additional layer of protection for your business.
- Tinted security film reduces heat buildup by reflecting the sun’s rays, reducing solar heat
- Keeps cooler indoor temperatures, reducing air conditioning use and energy costs
- Blocks up to 99.9% of harmful UV rays to prevent fading and sun damage to furnishings
- Presents an additional barrier to “smash and grab” crimes by reinforcing windows
- Prevents broken glass and glass shards from scattering with our Impact Protection Adhesive, a type of caulking system that contains glass shards within the film to prevent any further damage or injuries
The versatility of window film makes it applicable for any industry where creating a more energy-efficient environment is desired. Whether at one or multiple locations, window film can measurably reduce energy costs up to 30% while adding comfort and safety benefits as well.
If you’re looking for more energy efficiency at work or at home, Budget Blinds can help you design solutions that work. With approximately 1,000 franchise locations nationwide, you’re assured of consistency and high-quality performance at each of your facilities.